Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a Formula

I need to put a convertor from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I need to create the
formula to do it, but I'm not sure how.
I have the tempeture on F on cell B5 and I need to put the conversion to C
on C5.
The formula is (F-32)*5/9=C
How I insert that formula in the correct cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Inside cell C%:

=Round((B2-32)*5/9, 1)

That will round the response to 1 decimal. If you want you can change that
number. It is the one to the right of the ")".

HTH
Thanks,
Roger

"Andrea" wrote:

I need to put a convertor from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I need to create the
formula to do it, but I'm not sure how.
I have the tempeture on F on cell B5 and I need to put the conversion to C
on C5.
The formula is (F-32)*5/9=C
How I insert that formula in the correct cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click C5
Type =(B5-32)*(5/9)
Press the Enter key
done
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
I need to put a convertor from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I need to create the
formula to do it, but I'm not sure how.
I have the tempeture on F on cell B5 and I need to put the conversion to C
on C5.
The formula is (F-32)*5/9=C
How I insert that formula in the correct cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Andrea,

You can also use the convert function
Put this in C5
=CONVERT(B5,"F","C")

Check out the help file for the full range
of conversions, it's very extensive.

HTH
Martin