Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I limit cursor movement within specified range in excel?

I am building a worksheet to enter data and calculate results. I want cursor
to move to next line in col 1 after entering data in col 2 in 1 keystroke.
Lotus lets one protect are to right and limits cursor movement to that
unprotected area.
How do I do this in Excel?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

slk0217

Not real sure of just what you are looking for but here is a shot: Goto
Formatcellsprotection tab, remove the check mark from "Locked". Ok out and
then protect the worksheet. Now the curser will only go through the unlocked
cells column to column stepping down to each row. There is no way to control
this movement.

Mike Rogers

"slk0217" wrote:

I am building a worksheet to enter data and calculate results. I want cursor
to move to next line in col 1 after entering data in col 2 in 1 keystroke.
Lotus lets one protect are to right and limits cursor movement to that
unprotected area.
How do I do this in Excel?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter your data in A1 then Tab to B1.

Type your data in B1 then hit ENTER key to go to A2

Your ToolsOptionsEditMove selection after Enter must be set to "Down"

OR Unlock columns A and B then protect the worksheet to restrict travel to
columns A and B.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP