Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sheet protection

Hello

I am using checkbox (from control toolbox) to hide and unhide some rows in
the sheet. I want to protect this sheet with password but Checkbox should
work properly after protecting the sheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you add the protection for sheet and check the box that allows all users
to " Format Rows" and/or "Format Columns" then your checkbox will work.
All Cells on the sheet will still be protected.

Dave

"pmss" wrote:

Hello

I am using checkbox (from control toolbox) to hide and unhide some rows in
the sheet. I want to protect this sheet with password but Checkbox should
work properly after protecting the sheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have protected the sheet by simply from Tools - Protection - protect sheet
with password. But when i protect the sheet, checkbox does not work it gives
error message " Run time error 1004, Unable to set the hidden property of
the range class". so please possible write how to do it.

pmss

"pmss" wrote:

Hello

I am using checkbox (from control toolbox) to hide and unhide some rows in
the sheet. I want to protect this sheet with password but Checkbox should
work properly after protecting the sheet.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Tool Protection and unprotect sheet.

Then go back in to Tools-Protection and Protect Worksheet.
Before you say OK, add a tick to the box marked Format Rows.
Then add your password and protect sheet.

Your Buttons should now work.

Dave