Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Standard Edit to Multiple Cells

I am looking to use Excel in track printing in our office. I am able to get
all
the info needed exported into a spreadsheet, but I have one remaining glitch
when I need to sort the information. The project number column includes the
full
path to the project folder on our server so there is no way to sort by
project. But, there is the same number of characters before the project
number for every entry.

Is there a way to create a macro or a function that our billing
person can easily apply to the cells in the column that says " delete the
first 14 characters in this cell" or "ignore the first 14 characters when
reading this cell"? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With data starting in A1, try this in B1:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-14)

And copy down as needed.
--

HTH,

RD

"jwksu" wrote in message
I am looking to use Excel in track printing in our office. I am able to get
all
the info needed exported into a spreadsheet, but I have one remaining glitch
when I need to sort the information. The project number column includes the
full
path to the project folder on our server so there is no way to sort by
project. But, there is the same number of characters before the project
number for every entry.

Is there a way to create a macro or a function that our billing
person can easily apply to the cells in the column that says " delete the
first 14 characters in this cell" or "ignore the first 14 characters when
reading this cell"? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Appreciate your feed-back ... BUT ... read my post to your *same* question
in the functions group.

RD

"jwksu" wrote in message
Thanks. That did it.