Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unable to use right-click on cells; standard and formatting toolbars disabled

Hello -

I'm not sure what happened but a while back I started having problems
with excel.

First, the Standard and Formatting toolbars are no longer displaying
in the toolbar area. When I use Customize toolbar they appear on the
Customize-Toolbar tab, but the check-boxes to the left are disabled
(i.e I can't check/uncheck them) .

Second, and really important for me because I use a lot of this
feature, in the working area, right-clicking no longer works. When I
right-click a cell, row, or column, no right menu appears with the
traditional copy, cut, paste etc or whatever. Nothing happens at all.

I decided to try to re-install excel from my MS Office CD, but up
came a "Repair? or Delete?" question and it felt like I was on the
web and not engaged on the CD.

I'd like to re-install the whole thing, I'm just stopped right now
because there's no re-install option and I'm afraid if I delete it and
there's a problem I won't find a fast fix/support. I can't afford to
be off my PC for longer than an hour or two for the next several
months.

I still have my product key. Can anyone enlighten me on the process
and where to go for help if I delete it and something doesn't work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Trizi

I suggest you do this first and post back

Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

1. Close Excel
2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders)
3. Rename or delete the .xlb file or files (In 2002 the name = Excel10.xlb)
4. Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm to your system
Excel will create a new file for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)
If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Trizi" wrote in message ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 21, 9:37 am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi Trizi

I suggest you do this first and post back

Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

1. Close Excel
2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders)
3. Rename or delete the .xlb file or files (In 2002 the name = Excel10.xlb)
4. Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm to your system
Excel will create a new file for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)
If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

It worked and it just took minutes ! I take it
I can delete the old renamed xlb files now ...