Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unable to use right-click on cells; standard and formatting toolbars disabled

Hello -

I'm not sure what happened but a while back I started having problems
with excel.

First, the Standard and Formatting toolbars are no longer displaying
in the toolbar area. When I use Customize toolbar they appear on the
Customize-Toolbar tab, but the check-boxes to the left are disabled
(i.e I can't check/uncheck them) .

Second, and really important for me because I use a lot of this
feature, in the working area, right-clicking no longer works. When I
right-click a cell, row, or column, no right menu appears with the
traditional copy, cut, paste etc or whatever. Nothing happens at all.

I decided to try to re-install excel from my MS Office CD, but up
came a "Repair? or Delete?" question and it felt like I was on the
web and not engaged on the CD.

I'd like to re-install the whole thing, I'm just stopped right now
because there's no re-install option and I'm afraid if I delete it and
there's a problem I won't find a fast fix/support. I can't afford to
be off my PC for longer than an hour or two for the next several
months.

I still have my product key. Can anyone enlighten me on the process
and where to go for help if I delete it and something doesn't work?