Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

Default countif formula: 2nd column qualifier

In column C, I have a lead source, ie Bid, Yellow Pages, Website etc. In
column G, I have Sold, Open, Lost. I have tried to come up with a nestled
function that counts the instances of sold in column G for each source in C,
but with no luck. Any help?

thanks much,

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C200="Bid"),--(G2:G200="Sold"))

etc.

Note, SUMPRODUCT uses explicit ranges, not whole columns.

--
HTH

Bob

"AJB" wrote in message
In column C, I have a lead source, ie Bid, Yellow Pages, Website etc. In
column G, I have Sold, Open, Lost. I have tried to come up with a nestled
function that counts the instances of sold in column G for each source in
C,
but with no luck. Any help?

thanks much,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

I am trying to return a count, and this formula gives me true/false.

To add more info, I am making a summary table for the years sales and want
to know our closing percentage for each type. I'm not to sure how to
describe this differently.

"AJB" wrote in message
In column C, I have a lead source, ie Bid, Yellow Pages, Website etc. In
column G, I have Sold, Open, Lost. I have tried to come up with a nestled
function that counts the instances of sold in column G for each source in
C,
but with no luck. Any help?

thanks much,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

Bob-

I tried formatting each column to be text, thinking that might be altering
the results. That did not change anything. The formula result still goes
between true and false, depending on how I alter the vertical range. I'm
thinking that intermittent numbers in column G between monthly data sets may
be goofing it up. I will try to reset and post back.

thanks,

Andy

"AJB" wrote in message
In column C, I have a lead source, ie Bid, Yellow Pages, Website etc.
In
column G, I have Sold, Open, Lost. I have tried to come up with a
nestled
function that counts the instances of sold in column G for each source
in
C,
but with no luck. Any help?

thanks much,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That really should not have caused a problem, they should just not get
counted.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C200="Bid"),--(G2:G200="Sold"))

etc.

Note, SUMPRODUCT uses explicit ranges, not whole columns.

--
HTH

Bob

(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in
my
addy)