Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

Default countif formula: 2nd column qualifier

I am trying to return a count, and this formula gives me true/false.

To add more info, I am making a summary table for the years sales and want
to know our closing percentage for each type. I'm not to sure how to
describe this differently.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C200="Bid"),--(G2:G200="Sold"))

etc.

Note, SUMPRODUCT uses explicit ranges, not whole columns.

--
HTH

Bob

"AJB" wrote in message
In column C, I have a lead source, ie Bid, Yellow Pages, Website etc. In
column G, I have Sold, Open, Lost. I have tried to come up with a nestled
function that counts the instances of sold in column G for each source in
C,
but with no luck. Any help?

thanks much,

Andy