Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

Default countif formula: 2nd column qualifier

Bob-

I tried formatting each column to be text, thinking that might be altering
the results. That did not change anything. The formula result still goes
between true and false, depending on how I alter the vertical range. I'm
thinking that intermittent numbers in column G between monthly data sets may
be goofing it up. I will try to reset and post back.

thanks,

Andy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No, it gives you a count as you asked for.

Try it and then tell me it doesn't do what you want.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"AJB" wrote in message
I am trying to return a count, and this formula gives me true/false.

To add more info, I am making a summary table for the years sales and want
to know our closing percentage for each type. I'm not to sure how to
describe this differently.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C200="Bid"),--(G2:G200="Sold"))

etc.

Note, SUMPRODUCT uses explicit ranges, not whole columns.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"AJB" wrote in message
In column C, I have a lead source, ie Bid, Yellow Pages, Website etc.
In
column G, I have Sold, Open, Lost. I have tried to come up with a
nestled
function that counts the instances of sold in column G for each source
in
C,
but with no luck. Any help?

thanks much,