Old June 4th 09, 04:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Double click on icon opens Excel but does not open file

Thanks a lot! The first solution worked for me.

Monzur

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

dymax613 wrote:

When I double click on an Excel link, the excel application (container)
opens, but the file does not load. Status bar show "Ready" and nothing
further happens. To open an excel file, I must follow the path from with in
the Excel application. What went wrong? This just started happening. I used
to be able to open Excel files simply by double clicking on the icon. Someone
please help!!!

Old March 25th 10, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What i feel that you have to change the user profile it will fix the problem

regards
Rahul
texport syndicate

Old June 1st 18, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, December 24, 2007 at 5:58:00 PM UTC-8, dymax613 wrote:
When I double click on an Excel link, the excel application (container)
opens, but the file does not load. Status bar show "Ready" and nothing
further happens. To open an excel file, I must follow the path from with in
the Excel application. What went wrong? This just started happening. I used
to be able to open Excel files simply by double clicking on the icon. Someone
please help!!!

I started having this trouble a week ago. Read and used your method and I can now get my files back on the desktop when double clicking. As the other person said, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Old April 18th 21, 10:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dymax613 wrote:

When I double click on an Excel link, the excel application (container)
opens, but the file does not load. Status bar show "Ready" and nothing
further happens. To open an excel file, I must follow the path from with in
the Excel application. What went wrong? This just started happening. I used
to be able to open Excel files simply by double clicking on the icon. Someone
please help!!!

Thanks, ignore other applications works good