Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dymax613 dymax613 is offline

Default Double click on icon opens Excel but does not open file

Dave,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ignore other applications did the trick.

Happy holidays,
David Zimm

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

dymax613 wrote:

When I double click on an Excel link, the excel application (container)
opens, but the file does not load. Status bar show "Ready" and nothing
further happens. To open an excel file, I must follow the path from with in
the Excel application. What went wrong? This just started happening. I used
to be able to open Excel files simply by double clicking on the icon. Someone
please help!!!

--

Dave Peterson