Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sam

Default excel will not open a file with a double clik on a icon

Hi something happened yesterday with my excel 2003 all of a sudden it stoped
opening a file by double clicking on a excel icon.
I have read the other post on this subject and i am unable to follow it
through somewhere i get lost and it will not work for me.

I reformatted my hardrive and installed office again and all was well til i
got the latest updates and it is just the same again.

So anybody got anyother ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

What happens when you try double clicking on the file?

Are you sure the workbook isn't opened?

Maybe it's just off the screen.
Window|arrange|tiled
may show it to you.

If it didn't help....

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for your clients.

--

Dave Peterson