Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dropdown list

Hi,
I have a dropdown list containing 6 values from (7 to 12) when I select
value from the list 2 cells containing the IF function are checked to see if
the value is true or false. What I need is that Excel automatically checks
the 6 values in ascending order whichever value satisfies both IF function to
be true than excel will stop at the first value that satisfy this logical IF
functions.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is the IF function that you are calling? Is the IF function in your list
of values?
I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

"Sherif" wrote:

Hi,
I have a dropdown list containing 6 values from (7 to 12) when I select
value from the list 2 cells containing the IF function are checked to see if
the value is true or false. What I need is that Excel automatically checks
the 6 values in ascending order whichever value satisfies both IF function to
be true than excel will stop at the first value that satisfy this logical IF
functions.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The first argument is =IF(AS4<=AR4,TRUE,FALSE)
The Second argument is =IF(AQ4<=200,TRUE,FALSE)

What I want is whichever value from the drop down list that gives a True
answer to both of the above arguments than this is the right answer.

"Sherif" wrote:

Hi,
I have a dropdown list containing 6 values from (7 to 12) when I select
value from the list 2 cells containing the IF function are checked to see if
the value is true or false. What I need is that Excel automatically checks
the 6 values in ascending order whichever value satisfies both IF function to
be true than excel will stop at the first value that satisfy this logical IF
functions.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm still not completely sure I understand what you are looking for, but this
what I came up with.
A B C D E F
List Dropdown True/false list 1 list 2 list 3
7 11 FALSE 1 7 8
8 TRUE 2 8 10
9 3 9 12
10 4 10 14
11 5 11 16
12 6 12 18

Column A contains the list from 7 to 12. Column B, Cell 1 is a Dropdown list
validated by the list in Column A.
Column C are the True/False statements that look at D, E, and F (I noticed
that your if statements are comparing 3 columns of data)
Column D and E are numbers, column F is the sum of Column D and E.
If you select one of the numbers from the drop down list (7-12) Column C
will show either true or false depending on the result.
Is this what you are looking to accomplish?

Dropdown List Dasha New Users to Excel 2 November 4th 07 04:25 AM
Dropdown list doesn't display from the top of the list stebro Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 June 12th 07 11:15 PM
Dropdown List - list item endings not visible if column too narrow AK9955 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 27th 07 09:02 AM
result of selecting from the dropdown list should be a dropdown list No News Excel Worksheet Functions 0 July 5th 06 04:09 PM
result of selecting from the dropdown list should be a dropdown list No News Excel Worksheet Functions 2 July 1st 06 10:53 AM