Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import to Formatted Worksheet

I work with a system that can export information to Excel, but I need to
change the format of two fields each time. Currently, dates export in format:
mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm
and work estimates export in format seconds (ex: 2 days or 16 hours is
exported as 57600).

Can I create a worksheet or template in excel with my desired format and
then import or copy / paste the exported data to it?

NOTE: The system is also capable of exporting to XML.

Thank you,

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Some Exporting Wizards will allow the choice of format during the process.
Assuming yours does not.........I frequently have to deal with "Excel files"
that have been dumped down from a main Company computer. I just create a new
Excel file and write a macro therein to retrieve the interim file, do all the
re-formatting I want to, and then save it as the "real" file for my

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3