Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My sheet tabs disappeared. Options shows they are active.

Sometimes the sheet tabs don't show. I've tried resizing the window, and
sometimes they are there, sometimes not. I was working on this workbook and
it had tabs. when I saved and reopened, the tab wasn't visible and I can't
go to other sheets in the workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can turn off the tabs via:
tools|Options|View tab|uncheck Sheet tabs
(xl2003 menu system)

They can also be hidden by just not being on the window. But I bet the resizing
(tiled???) would have shown them to you.
(Window|Arrange|Tiled -- in xl2003)

Another way they can hide is if horizontal scroll bar is dragged too far to the
left (so it covers the sheet tabs).

You can click and hold (on the left of the scroll bar) and drag to the right or
you can use a line of code:

Hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:
ActiveWindow.TabRatio = 0.5

Then close the VBE and check in Excel to see if it worked.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you got to Tools Options View is Sheet tabs checked? If not
check it and then see if you have sheet tabs

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Cairos" wrote in message
Sometimes the sheet tabs don't show. I've tried resizing the window, and
sometimes they are there, sometimes not. I was working on this workbook
and
it had tabs. when I saved and reopened, the tab wasn't visible and I
can't
go to other sheets in the workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
I'm having the same problem. Both my Horizontal Scroll Bar and my Tabs are
gone. These options are checked in "Options". My other workbooks are ok and I
can open a new workbook and it's ok. I tried what Dave said, but I couldn't
get the Intermediate Window to show in VBE. I tried CTRL+G but nothing
happens. I really need this workbook. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ron

"Cairos" wrote:

Sometimes the sheet tabs don't show. I've tried resizing the window, and
sometimes they are there, sometimes not. I was working on this workbook and
it had tabs. when I saved and reopened, the tab wasn't visible and I can't
go to other sheets in the workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found it! A program I installed added an item to the tool bar. This
expanded the tool bar area and knocked out my tabs. I unchecked the new item
and got my tabs back. Thanks.
Ron

"Cairos" wrote:

Sometimes the sheet tabs don't show. I've tried resizing the window, and
sometimes they are there, sometimes not. I was working on this workbook and
it had tabs. when I saved and reopened, the tab wasn't visible and I can't
go to other sheets in the workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can turn off the tabs via:
tools|Options|View tab|uncheck Sheet tabs
(xl2003 menu system)

They can also be hidden by just not being on the window. But I bet the resizing
(tiled???) would have shown them to you.
(Window|Arrange|Tiled -- in xl2003)

That's it!!! [WHEW!] Resizing to full screen and they appeared again...
Very odd. Thanks.