Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My sheet tabs disappeared with entered data. Can it be restored?

I am using MSOffice 2003, Excel, for couple months. Entered lots of data,
using
sheet tabs for coordinated data. However, suddenly, when opened my
worksheets, the sheet tabs disappeared. Therefore my data is not accessible.
Did I lose it, or can it be resotred? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You say "sheet tabs disappeared"

Do you see anything when you open the workbook?

One worksheet or nothing?

If you go to ToolsOptionsView is "sheet tabs" unchecked?

If so, check it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:21:02 -0700, Irene V in NJ <Irene V in
wrote:

I am using MSOffice 2003, Excel, for couple months. Entered lots of data,
using
sheet tabs for coordinated data. However, suddenly, when opened my
worksheets, the sheet tabs disappeared. Therefore my data is not accessible.
Did I lose it, or can it be resotred? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And if the tabs are still there, but just off the screen:
Window|arrange|Tiled
and resize the way you want.

And you can use ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn to cycle through the visible worksheets
(even if the tabs aren't visible!).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My sheet tabs disappeared with entered data. Can it be restore

Thanks for answering. I should have explained more. in Tools - Options =
General = Sheet tabs is checked. Under Format - sheet - Unhide is grayed
out, so I cannot access. When I open workbook - only one workbook shows up
with no sheet tabs, where I have related data, I tried to go page up or down,
but sheet tabs are not there . I wonder if Excel 2003 converted to older
version where sheet tabs were not existant?

wrote:

I am using MSOffice 2003, Excel, for couple months. Entered lots of data,
using
sheet tabs for coordinated data. However, suddenly, when opened my
worksheets, the sheet tabs disappeared. Therefore my data is not accessible.
Did I lose it, or can it be resotred? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormatSheetUnhide is most likely grayed out because you have no sheets hidden
or you have the workbook protected under ToolsProtectionProtect Workbook.

When you open the workbook only one worksheet shows up and has no sheet
tab...correct?

ToolsOptionsVIEW has Sheet Tabs checked.......correct?

Try CTRL + PageUp and CTRL + PageDown.

Any different sheets show up?

The last version without multi-sheets was Excel 4.0 so I doubt you converted
that far back.

If the data is not sensitive you could email the workbook to my personal
address, not to the group.

Change the DOT and AT to unmunge.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

I am using MSOffice 2003, Excel, for couple months. Entered lots of data,
using
sheet tabs for coordinated data. However, suddenly, when opened my
worksheets, the sheet tabs disappeared. Therefore my data is not accessible.
Did I lose it, or can it be resotred? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's a long shot, but it is possible to cover the sheet tabs by dragging
the edge of the horizontal scroll bar over the tabs. Could this have
accidentally happened?

Len

Irene V in NJ wrote:
I am using MSOffice 2003, Excel, for couple months. Entered lots of data,
using
sheet tabs for coordinated data. However, suddenly, when opened my
worksheets, the sheet tabs disappeared. Therefore my data is not accessible.
Did I lose it, or can it be resotred? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. Wonders will never cease. Just a suggestion to go to task bar,
did it.
I clicked in the empty space, and all sheet tabs appeared. Would like to
know more about it, but meanwhile - it's OK.
Irene V in NJ