Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get the header to skip the first page?

I found an answer about using code but that is WAY over my head. Is there
anything else that is more simple. I am printing out quotes with our
business name and info on the front page. With the header there also, it
doesnt look very professional.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the code is way over your head and you don't want to try it, your next option
is the print the first page without a header as one print job, then the rest
with a header.

Using a macro from Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#not

modified slightly you can print at one go with no header on page1 and header on
rest of pages.

Sub Test()
Dim TotPages As Long
TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)")
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.RightHeader = ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1
.RightHeader = "your header stuff"
ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=2, To:=TotPages
End With
End Sub

Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
more on "getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP