Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter All Tabs

I have an Excel sheet that has a Master Tab and then 5 other tabs that breaks
out the Master information by Region. All spreadsheets have filters. Is
there a way that if you select a certain vendor from a drop down on the
Master tab that all the other tabs would filter by that vendor as well?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know VBA. Do you think it's something I could do if you get me
started with a sample code? I would filter on the tab named Master and would
need to update on the other tabs listed below:

Midwest
Central
Southeast
Northeast
Northern
Master Sell

The filter on the Master tab is located in cell B4. Would be in cell B3 in
all the other tab if that helps. Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Only by looping through each sheet by VBA macro.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:18:01 -0800, Supe wrote:

I have an Excel sheet that has a Master Tab and then 5 other tabs that breaks
out the Master information by Region. All spreadsheets have filters. Is
there a way that if you select a certain vendor from a drop down on the
Master tab that all the other tabs would filter by that vendor as well?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This may not work for you, but I'd keep all my data in one worksheet.

I'd add a field for region and then I could filter by any of the fields in the
database.

And on top of making it easier to use (I think), it also means that there would
be fewer chances for errors--changes made to those other tabs may not be
included in the master (by mistake).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As Dave points out, keeping all data on one sheet is the best.

If you need something on another sheet you could filter on the Master sheet then
copy visible rows to the other sheet for printing or sending.

Gord