Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table not summing

I am attempting to create a pivot table. Everything is working fine
except for the field I want to insert in my "Data" section. The column
this field is pulling from contains numbers and I want the pivot table
to sum these numbers. Instead, it defaults to count and when I switch
it to sum it shows zeros. All help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It could be that the numbers are not numbers. In the data sheet, can you
total the column? Maybe you have to turn it into values by adding a column
=value(text_column) and then use that column.

"japc90" wrote in message
I am attempting to create a pivot table. Everything is working fine
except for the field I want to insert in my "Data" section. The column
this field is pulling from contains numbers and I want the pivot table
to sum these numbers. Instead, it defaults to count and when I switch
it to sum it shows zeros. All help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"japc90" wrote in message

I am attempting to create a pivot table. Everything is working fine
except for the field I want to insert in my "Data" section. The column
this field is pulling from contains numbers and I want the pivot table
to sum these numbers. Instead, it defaults to count and when I switch
it to sum it shows zeros. All help is greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

AMAZING!!!....Thank you!