Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlight lowest price in a row.

I have multiples cells with the lowest prices from different vendors. I need
to automatically highlight the lowest price in each row of cells without
sorting the data. I would like the numbers to be Bold Red and the Background
to be Yellow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

formatconditional formattingformula is =j2=max(J:J)format as desired

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"chadboehne" wrote in message
I have multiples cells with the lowest prices from different vendors. I
need
to automatically highlight the lowest price in each row of cells without
sorting the data. I would like the numbers to be Bold Red and the
Background
to be Yellow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use conditional formating with "formula equals"

Use the following formula in cell A1. Min(1:1) is the entire row 1.
=IF(A1=MIN(1:1),TRUE,FALSE)
Then select the Font to be Red and the Pattern to be yellow.

To copy conditional formating to other cells do the following:
Copy cell A1 and use Paste Special - Formats to copy this formula to other
cells.

"chadboehne" wrote:

I have multiples cells with the lowest prices from different vendors. I need
to automatically highlight the lowest price in each row of cells without
sorting the data. I would like the numbers to be Bold Red and the Background
to be Yellow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no need for the TRUE/FALSE action as

=A1=MIN(1:1)

will return TRUE or FALSE quite happily

You might also want to cater for blanks

=AND(A1<"",A1=MIN(1:1))