Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CF to highlight lowest price in row

I am trying to highlight the lowest price in a row out of three cells ranging
from C to E. I can get it to highlight in one row but for some reason i am
having trouble duplicating the format for all rows. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For the cf in C1, enter:

=C1=MIN($C1:$E1)

Copy the formatting to the other three cells.

--
HTH,
Laura Cook

"kale" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight the lowest price in a row out of three cells
ranging
from C to E. I can get it to highlight in one row but for some reason i am
having trouble duplicating the format for all rows. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for the reply.

I've got that far, but i can't get it to repeat for the rest of the rows
without pasting in each cell one by one, is there an easier way?

"kale" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight the lowest price in a row out of three cells
ranging
from C to E. I can get it to highlight in one row but for some reason i am
having trouble duplicating the format for all rows. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the entire range - starting with C1(your starting point is
important).
Then enter: =C1=MIN($C1:$E1)
The formulas will adjust down the rows.

--
HTH,
Laura Cook

"kale" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight the lowest price in a row out of three cells
ranging
from C to E. I can get it to highlight in one row but for some reason i
am
having trouble duplicating the format for all rows. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

kale

Click the "paint brush" on your format tool bar, hi-lite the range you want
the CF on and "enter" out. If you double click on the paint brush you will
select the range and then go back and un-select the paint brush. Or you
could copy the cell that has the CF, select the cells you want the CF in and
gotoeditpaste specialformats and ok out.

Does this help?

Mike Rogers

"kale" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight the lowest price in a row out of three cells
ranging
from C to E. I can get it to highlight in one row but for some reason i am
having trouble duplicating the format for all rows. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I was pasting formula instead of format, my bad. Thanks for all your
help.

One more thing, how do i get it to ignore 0's and blank cells? Thanks