Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculation based on lowest price

I have 5 different columns on my spreadsheet with different prices. I
want Excel to find the lowest price within those cells and multiply it
by another price I have designated. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1*MIN(B1:F1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message ...
|I have 5 different columns on my spreadsheet with different prices. I
| want Excel to find the lowest price within those cells and multiply it
| by another price I have designated. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=MIN(rng)*other_value

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
I have 5 different columns on my spreadsheet with different prices. I
want Excel to find the lowest price within those cells and multiply it
by another price I have designated. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=A1*MIN(B1:F1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
I have 5 different columns on my spreadsheet with different prices. I
want Excel to find the lowest price within those cells and multiply it
by another price I have designated. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 11, 4:26 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
=MIN(rng)*other_value

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message

I have 5 different columns on my spreadsheet with different prices. I
want Excel to find the lowest price within those cells and multiply it
by another price I have designated. How do I do this?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a ton, I just figured this out!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 11, 4:25 pm, "Niek Otten" wrote:
=A1*MIN(B1:F1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in ...

|I have 5 different columns on my spreadsheet with different prices. I
| want Excel to find the lowest price within those cells and multiply it
| by another price I have designated. How do I do this?

Thank you so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

vjohns158,

Use the MIN() function: