Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format changed if we save our own (.xlt) file as (.csv) in Excel 2

If somebody knows, please help me.
I really appreciate your help.

The previous programmer created an excel template file(.xlt) in lower version.

If we save this template file as [CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)] format in
(Excel 97-2003), the delimited comma will be until the last column that has
the data.

But if we save this template file as [CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)] format
in (Excel 2007), the delimited comma will be until the column at the end of
the sheet.

How can I do to be exactly the same as the lower versions (Excel 97-2003)
without changing the template file?(To be compactable with the older versions
of our product, we are not able to recreate the template and we want to use
the same template file.)

Please see the attached files.

http://www.4shared.com/file/32023208/2dc0346d/Data.html

Thanking you in advance,

Khayae
S'pore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I opened your template in Excel 2003, and the used range it returned
is this:

$A$1:$IU$7

The only way I've been able to fix this is to copy the columns into a
new workbook. I'm afraid there is a problem with the template, not
the version of Excel.

I would recommend not hiding columns to the right, but rather setting
the scroll area, and using sheet protection, to avoid unwanted edits
in cells to the right of column G.