Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dragging a calculation

Hi One and all

This is a real simple question for those in the know. I have a formula in a
cell that I want to drag down so I don't have to write the formula 2000
times. This I can do but there is part of the formula that I don't wish to
change.

=IF(D6="","",(D6*Template!T14))

Then next formula should be =IF(D7="","",(D7*Template!T14))
Then it sould be =IF(D8="","",(D8*Template!T14))

Has you can see I don't want the T14 Cell to change but the rest I do

Thanks Joel
--
N/A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Note the dollar signs added to your formula to make the reference absolute

=IF(D8="","",(D8*Template!$T$14))

Mike

"Joel" wrote:

Hi One and all

This is a real simple question for those in the know. I have a formula in a
cell that I want to drag down so I don't have to write the formula 2000
times. This I can do but there is part of the formula that I don't wish to
change.

=IF(D6="","",(D6*Template!T14))

Then next formula should be =IF(D7="","",(D7*Template!T14))
Then it sould be =IF(D8="","",(D8*Template!T14))

Has you can see I don't want the T14 Cell to change but the rest I do

Thanks Joel
--
N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add the dollar signs to make T14 absolute.

=IF(D6="","",(D6*Template!$T$14))

For more see help on relative and absolute references.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Dragging Art Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 3rd 07 03:51 PM
About this dragging... Tcs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 14th 06 09:02 PM
dragging Caryn B Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 1st 05 04:36 PM
Dragging Across Yasmeen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 15th 05 01:39 PM
VLOOKUP dragging down Ozlem Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 8th 04 06:13 PM