Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can you record a macro that will create/format a pivot tablle?

Anyone know if you can use the "record macro" function to record the creation
of a pivot table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 11, 4:15 pm, James wrote:
Anyone know if you can use the "record macro" function to record the creation
of a pivot table?

Absolutely. In fact, that's one of the best ways to figure out the
PivotCache and PivotTable objects.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to record a macro that creates a pivot table, and I am getting an
error...I get a "run time error 1004: AddFields method of PivotTable class
failed". I have lowered my security settings, selected to trust access to VBA
project...any other suggestions?

"iliace" wrote:

On Dec 11, 4:15 pm, James wrote:
Anyone know if you can use the "record macro" function to record the creation
of a pivot table?

Absolutely. In fact, that's one of the best ways to figure out the
PivotCache and PivotTable objects.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you post the macro? Also, what version of Excel are you using?

"iliace" wrote:
On Dec 11, 4:15 pm, James wrote:
Anyone know if you can use the "record macro" function to record the creation
of a pivot table?

Absolutely. In fact, that's one of the best ways to figure out the
PivotCache and PivotTable objects.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok...I was trying to record a macro of creating a pivot table using the
wizard, and it was not working. If I create the blank pivot table, and then
drag and drop fields from the field list, it will record now. But, I am still
getting some bug errors, but I think it is because I have too many rows in my
source data. there are 16,000 rows, and if I decrease the number of rows that
the pivot table is based on to under 10,000, it works. Sounds right? There is
a 10,000 row limit? Oh...and the new company I am working for is using Excel
2003.