Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
iliace iliace is offline

Default can you record a macro that will create/format a pivot tablle?

Can you post the macro? Also, what version of Excel are you using?

On Dec 12, 11:00 am, James wrote:
I am trying to record a macro that creates a pivot table, and I am getting an
error...I get a "run time error 1004: AddFields method of PivotTable class
failed". I have lowered my security settings, selected to trust access to VBA
project...any other suggestions?

"iliace" wrote:
On Dec 11, 4:15 pm, James wrote:
Anyone know if you can use the "record macro" function to record the creation
of a pivot table?

Absolutely. In fact, that's one of the best ways to figure out the
PivotCache and PivotTable objects.- Hide quoted text -