Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting time formats

Hi, I have 1 column of call waiting times in the 00:00:00 format. When I use
the Custom filter it is not bringing up entries. I have a column heading
name above my list and their are no blank rows.
For example, if I want to sort all call waiting times that are over 4 secs,
I turn on the AutoFilter on that column heading, select the Greater Than or
Equal to option and select a cell that equals my criteria e.g. 00:00:04

This is the first time I'm sorting on time formats, does Excel not recognise
this format in sorting?? I'm using V 2003.
--
Regards
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should be able to enter 00:00:04 directly into the criteria box,
or use the pull-down to select the value. Excel should be able to
filter these values, unless they are really text values that just
happen to look like time values.

Hope this helps.

Pete