Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Speech function in Excel 2007

Somehow I turned on the speech function in Excel 2007 and cannot find a way
to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From Help

What happened to speech recognition?
Speech recognition features are not available in the 2007 Microsoft Office
system programs.

To use speech recognition features, run Windows Speech Recognition in
Windows Vista. For information, see the links in the See Also section.

Notes

a.. If your operating system is Microsoft Windows XP, you must run a
previous version of a Microsoft Office system program to use speech
recognition features.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Don S" wrote in message
Somehow I turned on the speech function in Excel 2007 and cannot find a
way
to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Every time I type in a cell in Excel, it reads what I typed. I have looked at
the speech recognition options, and also the text-to-speech options. I can't
find a way to turn it off.

Don

From Help

"Don S" wrote in message
Somehow I turned on the speech function in Excel 2007 and cannot find a
way
to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add this option to the QAT

Name = Speak Cells ..........................

See how here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

I see in Win XP and Vista

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don S" wrote in message ...
Every time I type in a cell in Excel, it reads what I typed. I have looked at
the speech recognition options, and also the text-to-speech options. I can't
find a way to turn it off.

Don

From Help

"Don S" wrote in message
Somehow I turned on the speech function in Excel 2007 and cannot find a
way
to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The link does not show Excel 2007. There is no option that I can find to
turn
off the speech option.

Hi. In Excel 2007, Under Excel Options, Click Customize, and under the
"Choose Commands From:"
Select "All Commands"
There are 5 options together that begin with "Speak Cells"
If you add "Speak Cells" to the Ribbon, you can click this to Toggle Speech
on and off.
The "usability" of Excel 2007 is absolutely terrible.

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"Don S" wrote in message
Every time I type in a cell in Excel, it reads what I typed. I have
looked at
the speech recognition options, and also the text-to-speech options. I
can't
find a way to turn it off.

Don

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

From Help

What happened to speech recognition?
Speech recognition features are not available in the 2007 Microsoft
Office
system programs.

To use speech recognition features, run Windows Speech Recognition in
Windows Vista. For information, see the links in the See Also section.

Notes

a.. If your operating system is Microsoft Windows XP, you must run a
previous version of a Microsoft Office system program to use speech
recognition features.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Don S" wrote in message
Somehow I turned on the speech function in Excel 2007 and cannot
find a
way
to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Don

Glad you got it working with Dana's reply

But on top of the page you can read

1) Office Button Excel Options
2) Customize
3) Choose "Commands Not in the Ribbon" in the "Choose Commands from" list
4) Select the command
5) Add
6) OK

Or faster,right click on the QAT and choose "Customize Quick Access Toolbar"

--

"Don S" wrote in message ...
Every time I type in a cell in Excel, it reads what I typed. I have looked at
the speech recognition options, and also the text-to-speech options. I can't
find a way to turn it off.

Don

From Help