Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don S Don S is offline

Default Speech function in Excel 2007

The link does not show Excel 2007. There is no option that I can find to turn
off the speech option.

Don S.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

You can add this option to the QAT

Name = Speak Cells ..........................

See how here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

I see in Win XP and Vista

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don S" wrote in message ...
Every time I type in a cell in Excel, it reads what I typed. I have looked at
the speech recognition options, and also the text-to-speech options. I can't
find a way to turn it off.

Don

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

From Help

What happened to speech recognition?
Speech recognition features are not available in the 2007 Microsoft Office
system programs.

To use speech recognition features, run Windows Speech Recognition in
Windows Vista. For information, see the links in the See Also section.

Notes

a.. If your operating system is Microsoft Windows XP, you must run a
previous version of a Microsoft Office system program to use speech
recognition features.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Don S" wrote in message
Somehow I turned on the speech function in Excel 2007 and cannot find a
way
to turn it off. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks.