HGood

Default "Go To" without using a macro

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet I want others to use. I use high resolution on my
laptop and can see the entire at once. But others use lessor resolutions and
have to do lots of scrolling to see the various parts. The sheet will be
protected.

I don't want to use a macro, but is it possible to use a Command Button or
something like that to send the user to a particular section of the
spreadsheet. Manually this could be done with "Go To". There's three major
sections, so I'd like buttons near each of those sections so that users can
navigate quickly and easily without scrolling.

Is this possible without a macro?

Thanks,

Harold

Jason Morin

You could select the range of cells for each section and
give it a name through the name box. The user could then
open the name box list and choose the selection, or press
F5 and choose it from there. If you're not sure what the
name box is or how to use it, see:

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

To learn more about defining names, see:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a spreadsheet I want others to use. I use high

resolution on my
laptop and can see the entire at once. But others use

lessor resolutions and
have to do lots of scrolling to see the various parts.

The sheet will be
protected.

I don't want to use a macro, but is it possible to use a

Command Button or
something like that to send the user to a particular

section of the
spreadsheet. Manually this could be done with "Go To".

There's three major
sections, so I'd like buttons near each of those

sections so that users can
navigate quickly and easily without scrolling.

Is this possible without a macro?

Thanks,

Harold

.

CLR

You could set up NamedRanges and then use F5 and select the Rangename from
the pop-up

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"HGood" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet I want others to use. I use high resolution on my
laptop and can see the entire at once. But others use lessor resolutions

and
have to do lots of scrolling to see the various parts. The sheet will be
protected.

I don't want to use a macro, but is it possible to use a Command Button or
something like that to send the user to a particular section of the
spreadsheet. Manually this could be done with "Go To". There's three major
sections, so I'd like buttons near each of those sections so that users

can
navigate quickly and easily without scrolling.

Is this possible without a macro?

Thanks,

Harold

Dana DeLouis

Inserting a Hyperlink is another method. Find a cell that you would like
them to click, and do Ctrl + K.
On the Right, select "Places in this document."
Another nice feature of Hyperlinks is the ability to fill in a "Screen Tip"
with useful info for the user.
HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"HGood" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet I want others to use. I use high resolution on my
laptop and can see the entire at once. But others use lessor resolutions
and have to do lots of scrolling to see the various parts. The sheet will
be protected.

I don't want to use a macro, but is it possible to use a Command Button or
something like that to send the user to a particular section of the
spreadsheet. Manually this could be done with "Go To". There's three major
sections, so I'd like buttons near each of those sections so that users
can navigate quickly and easily without scrolling.

Is this possible without a macro?

Thanks,

Harold

HGood