Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 and 2002

In cell A1 I write December; then in cell A3 I write 1, in cell A4 2, in cell
A5 3, and so on for all 31 days of December.

So is there any way to have Excel highlight the row which is the current
day? For example: on December 4, Excel should highlight "row 6", being that
it would be the current day.

If it is not possible for this to be done in my cell setup that I outlined
in the 1st paragraph, then how would such a thing be done in an alternative
setup. [Note: I WOULD PREFER AN ANSWER TO THE GENERAL SETUP OF MY EXAMPLE,
BUT IF YOU CAN'T THINK OF A SOLUTION TO THIS EXAMPLE, ANY ANSWER WOULD BE
APPRECIATED.]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In A3, use Format/ Conditional Formatting/ Formula Is:
=(--(A3&" "&A$1))=TODAY()
and select your preferred highlighting colour.

Copy your format down the column.
--
David Biddulph