Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pasting large numbers as text in Excel

My input call is formatted as text. However when my users try to paste large
(20 digit) numbers into it (copied from outlook email) these paste in as
scientific notation and the cell format changes to general. This also
happens using any option in Paste Special.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but what?
Many thanks, Sian