Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sian Sian is offline

Default Pasting large numbers as text in Excel

Ok, this almost works (thank you!). Next problem: paste 6006491199999999999
and it replaces the last four 9s with 0s. Any ideas?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If the cell is already formatted as Text, then have them paste directly into the
formula bar.

Sian wrote:

My input call is formatted as text. However when my users try to paste large
(20 digit) numbers into it (copied from outlook email) these paste in as
scientific notation and the cell format changes to general. This also
happens using any option in Paste Special.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but what?
Many thanks, Sian

--

Dave Peterson