Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate Multiple cells when choosing one selection from drop down

I have created a basic Work Order with drop downs, worls great. Now I would
like to add customers to a worksheet drop down. Once I select the customers
name, I would like to fill in address, Phone, Customer ID, etc. in work order
to print invoice.
I will put all this info into a worksheet in the workbook.
How can I do this in Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Create a table with all the info then use a VLOOKUP function to retrieve the
info, so if A1 is your drop down menu then.

=VLOOKUP($A$1,your table range,2,0)

the 2 in the formula represent the column number in the table, you can
replace it with either a COLUMN function or ROW function to make it easier to
copy across or down.
e.g.
=VLOOKUP($A$1,your table range,COLUMN(B1),0) ...copied across
=VLOOKUP($A$1,your table range,ROW(A2),0) ....copied down

B1 and A2 refers to the second column in the table.... don't forget to make
your table range aboslute ($B$1:$F$100) or you can name your table and use
that name in the forumula instead.

HTH
Jean-Guy

"MMANDIA" wrote:

I have created a basic Work Order with drop downs, worls great. Now I would
like to add customers to a worksheet drop down. Once I select the customers
name, I would like to fill in address, Phone, Customer ID, etc. in work order
to print invoice.
I will put all this info into a worksheet in the workbook.
How can I do this in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate Multiple cells when choosing one selection from drop

Jean, You just went way over my head... Can you show me a sample file...
Thanks for the quick response.

"MMANDIA" wrote:

I have created a basic Work Order with drop downs, worls great. Now I would
like to add customers to a worksheet drop down. Once I select the customers
name, I would like to fill in address, Phone, Customer ID, etc. in work order
to print invoice.
I will put all this info into a worksheet in the workbook.
How can I do this in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish has a sample order form that you can download.
It has drop down examples together with Vlookup formulas that should answer
all your questions.

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html
--
HTH,

RD

"MMANDIA" wrote:

I have created a basic Work Order with drop downs, worls great. Now I

would
like to add customers to a worksheet drop down. Once I select the

customers
name, I would like to fill in address, Phone, Customer ID, etc. in

work order
to print invoice.
I will put all this info into a worksheet in the workbook.
How can I do this in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

There's really no need, try this and if you can't get it working after then
you can send it to me!

just open a blank worksheet, in cells F1 to F4 type a few customer names, in
cells G1 to G4 type their phone numbers, in cells H1 to H4 their address...in
B1 type =VLOOKUP($A$1,$F$1:$G$4,ROW(A2),0) and copy down to B2, now type any
customer name from the table to see their info.

Regards!
Jean-Guy
dotcom

"MMANDIA" wrote:

I have created a basic Work Order with drop downs, worls great. Now I would
like to add customers to a worksheet drop down. Once I select the customers
name, I would like to fill in address, Phone, Customer ID, etc. in work order
to print invoice.
I will put all this info into a worksheet in the workbook.
How can I do this in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jean, I email you a file yesterday... Hoping you received it. I would like
cell not to have to be in a cluster, as you see in CustID. that is my
misunderstanding.
Thanks again.