Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cross Dependant Validation List

Hi

I have a question regarding "Cross Dependant Validation List" which I don't
seem to find any answer for it.
In (A1) I have a list of customers which I already created a dropdown for it.
In (A2) I have another drop down which indicates the type of products used
by each customer
In (A3) Each product is broken down to its components
In (A4) Color and finishes for each component chosen in (A3)

Link above explains it in a simple way with only 2 condition "YES" or "NO"
In my case it wll be the name of the customers which is more than 2 value.

What I need is:

I want (A4) to look at (A1) and see which customer was chosen, then load the
color code and finishes for that customer in (A4)
I can use
=IF($A$1="Yes",Type,NotValid)
and it work fine for my first customer. My problem is that I need to extend
this code so that it specifies conditions for each customer.

I can give you my file to look at if its neccessary. Above, I tried to
explain it the best I could.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated?

ADSK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is difficult to understand your problem because that example is not a
Yes/No option, but is based upon various types of product, showing
Vegetables and Fruit. If you have a number of customers just use the same
technique for each customer.

--
HTH

Bob

"ADSK" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ye sit is much more complicated task. you see, I have Customers (Retail
stores like Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi's and so on) Each have their own
fixtures, each have their own materials with different finishes. so If I pick
Gap from drop down in A1, I want to show Gap fixtures in A2. So lets say I
pick Hang and fold display, Gap uses different color chart so In A3 i want to
show the color codes for that fixture i picked for Gap store. Now if I pick
Tommy Hilfiger from A1, I want to be able to load Tommy's fixtures in A2 and
Finishes in A3 and so on ...
I already done in but I had to approch the project in a different way.
Anyway the project is done but If you can think of a good way to do this then
please let me know.

Best Regards

ADSK