Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Cross Dependant Validation List

It is difficult to understand your problem because that example is not a
Yes/No option, but is based upon various types of product, showing
Vegetables and Fruit. If you have a number of customers just use the same
technique for each customer.

--
HTH

Bob

"ADSK" wrote in message
Hi

I have a question regarding "Cross Dependant Validation List" which I
don't
seem to find any answer for it.
In (A1) I have a list of customers which I already created a dropdown for
it.
In (A2) I have another drop down which indicates the type of products used
by each customer
In (A3) Each product is broken down to its components
In (A4) Color and finishes for each component chosen in (A3)

Link above explains it in a simple way with only 2 condition "YES" or "NO"
In my case it wll be the name of the customers which is more than 2 value.

What I need is:

I want (A4) to look at (A1) and see which customer was chosen, then load
the
color code and finishes for that customer in (A4)
I can use
=IF($A$1="Yes",Type,NotValid)
and it work fine for my first customer. My problem is that I need to
extend
this code so that it specifies conditions for each customer.

I can give you my file to look at if its neccessary. Above, I tried to
explain it the best I could.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated?

ADSK