Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dependant Data Validation - for Whole Column

Hi,

Am trying to create a Excel template which user can download and fill in

In the first column i have defined data validations to show all the country
names.

In second column, i have to define the validation based on its adjacent
cell. I want to define it for entire column.

Can any body tell me if this can be accomplished?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
HTH

Bob

"Kumaresh Sierra" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

Am trying to create a Excel template which user can download and fill in

In the first column i have defined data validations to show all the
country
names.

In second column, i have to define the validation based on its adjacent
cell. I want to define it for entire column.

Can any body tell me if this can be accomplished?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Bob, Thanks for your reply.

Infact i had referred the below mentioned page. My scenario is

I have a blank excel template. Users will download the same, select Country
in first column and the very next cell should have list of states in it.

Now when i select the column A and set data validation, it is working fine.

But when i proceed for Column B and set validation for whole column, even
the second row column B is referring to first row column A instead of second
row Column A.

Can this be resolved?