Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password Cracker of Excel 2003 spreadsheet

A manager where I work is working on budgets for next year. He's trying to
open the spreadsheet he used 11 months ago, but last year he password
protected the workbook or a sheet and has forgoten the password.

Is there a way to by pass the password in Excel 2003?
Or can someone recomend an Excel 2003 password cracker?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
here are 2
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm
Do a google. you'll find more.

Regards
FSt1

"Douggg" wrote:

A manager where I work is working on budgets for next year. He's trying to
open the spreadsheet he used 11 months ago, but last year he password
protected the workbook or a sheet and has forgoten the password.

Is there a way to by pass the password in Excel 2003?
Or can someone recomend an Excel 2003 password cracker?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the replies. However several of the links in the link you
provided to me are invalid.

I was hoping to get a referal to one that someone has used and know works.

Thanks

"Douggg" wrote:

A manager where I work is working on budgets for next year. He's trying to
open the spreadsheet he used 11 months ago, but last year he password
protected the workbook or a sheet and has forgoten the password.

Is there a way to by pass the password in Excel 2003?
Or can someone recomend an Excel 2003 password cracker?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got this link directly from the link I posted to John McGimpsey's web
page:

http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html

This is a free add-in, accepting contributions only if you wish to do so.
--
HTH,

RD

"Douggg" wrote:

A manager where I work is working on budgets for next year. He's

trying to
open the spreadsheet he used 11 months ago, but last year he password
protected the workbook or a sheet and has forgoten the password.

Is there a way to by pass the password in Excel 2003?
Or can someone recomend an Excel 2003 password cracker?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Douggg" wrote:

A manager where I work is working on budgets for next year. He's

trying to
open the spreadsheet he used 11 months ago, but last year he password
protected the workbook or a sheet and has forgoten the password.

Is there a way to by pass the password in Excel 2003?
Or can someone recomend an Excel 2003 password cracker?

Thanks

If you are still having trouble..

Download Open Office (it's free) their version of XL seems to ignore
protection either in sheets or books.

Not straight forward but can be done.

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks everyone, but so far all of the solutions you've offered have do not
work.

The spread sheet was created with Excel 2003. When I doubble click or
File/Open I get a dialog box that says
<File Name is protected.
Password:

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but it looks like you have the sheet open to use
the password removing macros. But I can not open the sheet so I can't run
the macro.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Junior Member