Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matthew[_2_] Matthew[_2_] is offline

Default Password Cracker of Excel 2003 spreadsheet

On 2 Dec, 16:55, "Ragdyer" wrote:
I got this link directly from the link I posted to John McGimpsey's web
page:

http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html

This is a free add-in, accepting contributions only if you wish to do so.
--
HTH,

RD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------"Douggg" wrote in message

Thanks for the replies. However several of the links in the link you
provided to me are invalid.

I was hoping to get a referal to one that someone has used and know works.

Thanks

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
here are 2
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm
Do a google. you'll find more.

Regards
FSt1

"Douggg" wrote:

A manager where I work is working on budgets for next year. He's

trying to
open the spreadsheet he used 11 months ago, but last year he password
protected the workbook or a sheet and has forgoten the password.

Is there a way to by pass the password in Excel 2003?
Or can someone recomend an Excel 2003 password cracker?

Thanks

If you are still having trouble..

Download Open Office (it's free) their version of XL seems to ignore
protection either in sheets or books.

Not straight forward but can be done.

Matthew