Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel slow to open

I recently bought a computer that came with a 60 day trial of Microsoft
Office Home and Student. Not realizing this, I installed my own full version
of the same program. Upon doing so, the Office suite became very
unresponsive. The programs opened fine, but individual documents within
started taking upwards of 10 to 15 minutes to open. This is very bad for me
as I work from home on various websites and I need the programs to work
correctly so that I can get my work done. They always get stuck on "Running
virus scan...". Any ideas?