Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting document

I had a 3 page document in excel 2000 and went to work and opened it in excel
2003, now I can not open it on my home computer with the 2000 version, is
there anything that can be done to get it back or is it gone and stuck in
version 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, the file format for xl97 to xl2003 is the same. So that's not what's
causing the trouble.

Can you try opening it on another pc (with xl2k)?

You may want to give more details of what fails when you try xl2k. It'll help
you get better guesses what to try next.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume you saved it at work as a 2003 workbook.

What happens when you try to open with 2000?

Error message or?

You could take it back to work and re-save it as Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel
2003 & 5.0/95

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP