Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MS Office 2007 Cannot find file

I am running MS Office 2007 Enterprise on a Vista Business laptop. I keep
getting a message when I try to open an Excel or Word document from within
Outlook or from the Recent Documents list saying that Windows cannot find the
file specified. I can open MS Word or MS Excel and then open the files; just
cannot do it from Outlook or probably any external link.

I have trawled the web and discussion groups and cannot find anything that
provides a solution to this problem (did find a KB entry that seemed to
answer it but in the end it didn't actually address this specific problem). I
have found loads of other users complaining about this kind of event but none
of them seem to have found a solution either.

Please help as this is making life VERY difficult for me to say the least.