-   -   MS Office 2007 Cannot find file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/167493-ms-office-2007-cannot-find-file.html)

Chris Grey

MS Office 2007 Cannot find file

I am running MS Office 2007 Enterprise on a Vista Business laptop. I keep
getting a message when I try to open an Excel or Word document from within
Outlook or from the Recent Documents list saying that Windows cannot find the
file specified. I can open MS Word or MS Excel and then open the files; just
cannot do it from Outlook or probably any external link.

I have trawled the web and discussion groups and cannot find anything that
provides a solution to this problem (did find a KB entry that seemed to
answer it but in the end it didn't actually address this specific problem). I
have found loads of other users complaining about this kind of event but none
of them seem to have found a solution either.

Please help as this is making life VERY difficult for me to say the least.