Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Currency automation

I'm having Numaric values in a range from X18:BI52. I wanted to put a
dropdown box (Form Combo box) to select currency
symbols(USD,HKD,GBP,CNY,INR). By default all values in the range according to
USD, the moment when I select other currencies from the list then the values
in the range should automatically calculate according to exchange rates which
links to website, consists of exchange rates (suggest best link).

Let say bydefault "USD".
If I select "HKD", exchange rate from USD TO HKD.
Later if I select "CNY", exchange rate from HKD TO CNY.
Later if I select "GBP", exchange rate from CNY TO GBP.

So, the exchange rate values should reflect with the existed values in the
range.
In otherwards, bydefault "USD" seleted.
(In the range X18:BI52)
X18=1.00
X19=2.00
Z24=3.00

If I select "INR" (Assume that $ 1.00 = INR 40.00)
(In the range X18:BI52)
X18=40.00
X19=80.00
Z24=120.00

So, when ever i selected currency then it should automatically get the
exchange rate value from the website and do calculation and replace the
existed values in the range. And also suggest me the best site for exchange
rates to link with this sheet.

Note: without VBA code.

Any one help me out from this problem.

Advanced Thanks,
Vinod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Vinod,

I don't think you can do it without VBA code.

You need to take the value of a cell, multiply it by an exchange rate, and
then replace the value of that cell with the results of the calculation. In
order to change the value of the cell, you are going to have to use VBA code
(or change it manually yourself).

Sorry I couldn't be any more help,

Conan

"Vinod" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi iliace,

Sheet1!X18:BI52 consists of If functions and inside that used sum
function(for example in sheet1: X18= IF(len(A18)=0,"",sum(X19,X25) ) like
this most of the cell contains these type of formulas and some are constains
numbers.

And sheet2 is capturing minimum 2 to 10 lines of data from this range.
i.e, if i select "Yes" at cloumn G then the values in the same row from X:BI
should capture.

And sheet3 is capturing minimum 2 to 15 lines of data from this range.
i.e, if i put 1 at cloumn K then the values in the same row from X:BI should
capture.

And also Sheet4 is calculating sum for each column (X:BI) from 18:52.

My question is if I edit any reference cell in the range X18:B52 then it
should calculate all dependent cells (sheet1,sheet2,sheet3,sheet4) which are
refering the edited cell.