Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why is the name I gave file not showing up in title bar when file

Why is the name that I gave my excel workbook not showing up in the title
bar when i open the workbook? It use to always show up there, but now when I
open a previously saved workbook, there is no name in the title bar.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The workbook name shows up in Excel's caption bar only if the workbook
window is maximized. Not being maximized is the only reason I know of for
the name not being there. Well, a macro can change the caption too, so if a
macro runs when this workbook opens I suppose it could be changing the
caption.

--
Jim
"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message

| Why is the name that I gave my excel workbook not showing up in the title
| bar when i open the workbook? It use to always show up there, but now when
| open a previously saved workbook, there is no name in the title bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why is the name I gave file not showing up in title bar when f

Tks Jim..I have it maximized so that is not the problem.. What is a macro, if
it is running how can I turn it off?

"Jim Rech" wrote:

The workbook name shows up in Excel's caption bar only if the workbook
window is maximized. Not being maximized is the only reason I know of for
the name not being there. Well, a macro can change the caption too, so if a
macro runs when this workbook opens I suppose it could be changing the
caption.

--
Jim
"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message

| Why is the name that I gave my excel workbook not showing up in the title
| bar when i open the workbook? It use to always show up there, but now when
| open a previously saved workbook, there is no name in the title bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Typically you are warned when you open a workbook if it has macros. That
depends on your security settings (Excel Settings, Trust Center, Trust
Center Settings, Macro Settings) but as long as they are not the lowest
(Enable all macros..) and you're not warned, then you know there are no
macros. I only mentioned it to cover all bases I could think of. So you
should check that.

If there are no macros and the problem persists you can send me the workbook
if you want. You could clear all the data and formulas if you want, just so
the problem persists.

--
Jim
"ManhattanRebel" wrote in message
| Tks Jim..I have it maximized so that is not the problem.. What is a macro,
if
| it is running how can I turn it off?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| The workbook name shows up in Excel's caption bar only if the workbook
| window is maximized. Not being maximized is the only reason I know of
for
| the name not being there. Well, a macro can change the caption too, so
if a
| macro runs when this workbook opens I suppose it could be changing the
| caption.
|
| --
| Jim
| "ManhattanRebel" wrote in