Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My Control Toolbox toolbar buttons are (mainly) "greyed out"

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Matt,

Do you have a chart or some other object selected? Try clicking on a
worksheet cell first and then see if they are enabled.

OssieMac

"veryeavy" wrote:

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My Control Toolbox toolbar buttons are (mainly) "greyed out" - PS

Rehi all,

Because I thought this would be a quickie I didn't fully describe the
problem as I expected/hoped it would be a quick fix.

The three buttons that are not greyed out are the Design Mode, Properties,
and View code buttons. Clicking/unclicking on the Design Mode column makes no
difference to the other buttons.

"veryeavy" wrote:

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again Matt,

Check if the worksheet is protected. What you have described occurs while
the worksheet is protected. Click on Tools-Protection. If the worksheet is
protected, the next option will be Unprotect. If it is not protected, then it
will be Protect.

Also 'Greyed out' is referred to as 'Disabled' and of course the opposite is
'Enabled'.

OssieMac

"veryeavy" wrote:

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi OssieMac, All,

Have tried protecting and unprotecting (it wasn't protected to start with!)
and neither makes any difference (sob).

Any more ideas?

P.S. thanks for the terminolgy fix - I was feeling blonde yesterday.

Cheers, Matt

"veryeavy" wrote:

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again Matt,

This is a long shot but try selecting Help and then About Microsoft Excel.
(If not displayed then rest cursor on the down pointing arrows to expand).

Select Disabled Items and see if there are any disabled items there.

Also did you create the workbook? If not, are there any macros in the
workbook because the toolbox might have been disabled in a macro?

I am out of ideas now so if the above does not help you might like to create
a new post and list all the things you have tried because someone else might
know the answer.

OssieMac

"veryeavy" wrote:

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi OssieMac,

I enabled the 3 disabled items to no effect.

I have also noted Autofilter is disabled.

This workbook is one I have created by amalgamating 2 existing workbooks.

Cheers, Matt

"veryeavy" wrote:

Hi,

On one of my workbooks the majority of the toolbar buttons on my Control
Toolbox toolbar are inactive/greyed out (what is the correct terminology?).

Sure this is easy but assistance required!

TIA and Regards,

Matt Geare

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OssieMac, All

I have moved all my worksheets into a blank workbook, and surprise surprise,
my control toolbox is alive again.

Luckily there were no macros written so we now need to cross ingers that it
continues to stay alive after writing the macros.

Thanks OssieMac.

Cheers,

Matt