Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default problem with drop down lists

I have a workbook set up that uses drop down lists. The drop down lists are
stored on last sheet of the workbook (say sheet 10 of a 10 sheet workbook).
I ended up breaking up the workbook into ten different workbooks using copy
and paste. In each of the workbook I copied the dropdown list onto sheet 2.
Now none of the drop downs are working in any of the lists.

When I go into data validation the name of the list appears correctly. When
I go into the sheet with the dropdown lists all of the lists and names are
intact. When I click ok I get an error message that reads "you maynot use
references to other workbooks or worksheets for data validation criteria".

How can I fix this and what did I do wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You'll need to re-name all your list, when you copied the list you only
copied the content not the name of it.

Regards!
Jean-Guy