Junior Member

Question Formula Editor Result Different than the one in the Cell?

Hello all,

I have a bit of a strange problem with Excel, in that I can't seem to tell if my formula isn't correct in concept, or if there is something wrong with Excel?

So before I go in to the details of the formula, I figured I'd show what weirdness is happening in case someone knows if it is a known problem with Excel 2000 or not.

I have written a short formula that is pretty straightforward, but is giving a different result in Excel's "Formula Editor" box (when you hit the = button) than is showing in the cell itself. I've attached a .zip file with two screenshots (either in .bmp or .doc form - so you can pick your poison). I believe the one in the "Formula Editor" box is correct though...

Has anyone ever seen this type of thing occur before? Any help would be much appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Formula_Edit_Err_Screens.zip (50.7 KB, 76 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Editor Result Different than the one in the Cell?

Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:06:05 +0000 from kissingurami
:
I've attached a .zip
file with two screenshots (either in .bmp or .doc form - so you can
pick your poison).

No you haven't. This is Usenet, and it's a text newsgroup.

Please describe your problem in text. If you absolutely can't, then
post something on the Web and put the URL here -- but be aware that
the number of people who will be willing to open a file from an
unknown author, thus risking a virus infection, is severely limited.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/