Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula editor???

Is there a formula "editor" in Excel, except for the
little window in the toolbar? For example, I may have
a long formula for one row that repeats $C$10. Now
I want to copy this formula for another row, but want
to change $C$10 to $C$15 for example. I just can't
leave it C10 since I copy the value for multiple columns
for the same row - I want it $C$10 for all columns of
that row. I can always use a text editor, but that'll
be silly.

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 20, 5:02 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
Is there a formula "editor" in Excel, except for the
little window in the toolbar? For example, I may have
a long formula for one row that repeats $C$10. Now
I want to copy this formula for another row, but want
to change $C$10 to $C$15 for example.

I simply move the cursor into "the little window in the toolbar" (fx)
and select the desired "text", right-click Copy and press Enter,
select the new cell, right-click Paste, then edit the formula in "the
little window in the toolbar. If you have to that for a lot of cells,
you might try using Edit - Replace.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Zilla

Excel has only the formula bar for editing formulas.

EditReplace will work in formulas to change $C$10 to $C$15

Or you could preface the formula with an apostrophe which makes it text.

Work on it then remove the apostrophe.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP