Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Settings

Is it possible to have a recorded Macro appear as soon as the Excel document
is opened? If yes, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you mean you want the maro to execute as soon as the workbook is opened
then:

Alt+F11 to open VB editor
Double click 'This Workbook'
From the drop downs on the right hand panel select 'Workbook" and in the
other dropdown select 'Open'.

Put your code in there

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'do your stuff
End Sub

Mike

"timja" wrote:

Is it possible to have a recorded Macro appear as soon as the Excel document
is opened? If yes, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,
I recorded my macro (completed macro comes into a line chart), save it.
Closed the program. Upon opening the program the macro doesn't show
automatically. I have to manually open the macro.

What have I missed?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If you mean you want the maro to execute as soon as the workbook is opened
then:

Alt+F11 to open VB editor
Double click 'This Workbook'
From the drop downs on the right hand panel select 'Workbook" and in the
other dropdown select 'Open'.

Put your code in there

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'do your stuff
End Sub

Mike

"timja" wrote:

Is it possible to have a recorded Macro appear as soon as the Excel document
is opened? If yes, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Put the macro in the workbook open event.

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If you mean you want the maro to execute as soon as the workbook is opened
then:

Alt+F11 to open VB editor
Double click 'This Workbook'
From the drop downs on the right hand panel select 'Workbook" and in the
other dropdown select 'Open'.

Put your code in there

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'do your stuff
End Sub

Mike

"timja" wrote:

Is it possible to have a recorded Macro appear as soon as the Excel document
is opened? If yes, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I am half way to completing this goal. What I am trying to do is place data
someplace within the sheet to form a chart.

I have recorded the macro. Done everything stated below. When i open the
document again the data is there, correct :), but the chart is not. It gives
me a Runtime Error '91' Obbject variable or with block variable not set.

How do I get rid of the error to complete the macro opening automatically
including the chart?

Timja

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If you mean you want the maro to execute as soon as the workbook is opened
then:

Alt+F11 to open VB editor
Double click 'This Workbook'
From the drop downs on the right hand panel select 'Workbook" and in the
other dropdown select 'Open'.

Put your code in there

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'do your stuff
End Sub

Mike

"timja" wrote:

Is it possible to have a recorded Macro appear as soon as the Excel document
is opened? If yes, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I got it to work finally. Thanks for all your help Mike H

timja